Sunday, December 5, 2010

Illustrating my ideas


A few weeks ago, I had dinner with some artist friends.  They listened intently as I attempted to describe the plots and characters from my hopeful novel.  One agreed to create some drawings based on my cover design ideas.  We met every couple of weeks to review the sketches and agree on changes.  She is a patient, creative friend :-} 

On Friday, I picked up the final copy of the favourite one.  Here is a scanned version.

 
Thanks, Yohanna.

It represents the sadness and loneliness that Sera experienced while missing her lost friend and working out her own philosophies on life and death. One way she coped was to choose the year of the rabbit as one to provide new hope with the arrival of her newborn nephew, Harry.

The next Year of the Rabbit will soon be upon us.  I am not a superstitious person nor affiliated with any organized belief system.  I do respect ancient wisdom and traditions.  2011 will be a hopeful and ambitious year for me, a rabbit hopping into the crossroads of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment