Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Year of the Dragon is hot on the Rabbit's fluffy tail


Fellow Rabbits, can you feel that?  Can you feel the hot, moist breath of the Dragon on your fluffy little tails?  Fear not. Open the window to a new year.  Go with the flow and enjoy the celebrations. 

January 23rd marks the new moon and the start of the Chinese New Year, the Year of the Water Dragon.  I am impressed to know that many famous, respected people were born in the Year of the Dragon


Like the young heroine in my Novel, "The Year of the Rabbit", I enjoy learning about other cultures, I respect most traditions and willingly share in the celebrations.  The year of the rabbit is a timeless concept for me and for my character, Sera Fletcher.  I invite you to read excerpts where Sera is introduced to the Chinese zodiac, adopts her sign into her belief systems, presents it as a way to heal the wounds between friends and leans on it to welcome her new-born nephew into her sad and lonely world. 

I invite you to enjoy comments from readers of the first, print on demand edition of the novel. Make sure you taste a free sample of the Ebook version at Smashwords.  I also invite you to follow Florence T Lyon (my pen name) on TwitterShe's a child of the 1970s and is adapting slowly to this new-fangled Internet technology. 
 
Although the timid rabbit may retreat from the joyful noise of the Dragon new year, its representation will always have a special place in my heart.  As a consolation, one of my children was born in the year of the Dragon.  I look forward to her success with achieving yet another (insert gush of pride) degree in 2012 and the many opportunities that follow. 

Happy New Year!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment