Happy Mother's Day, if you celebrate it.
In The Year of the Rabbit, a novel about fate, family and forgiveness readers will encounter a few motherly characters:
- Marie Fletcher was a caring mother figure despite her struggles with mental health issues and a dark secret;
- Margaret MacDonald experienced deep guilt and regret that she did not prevent the abuse of her daughter;
- Jenny Young struggled with supporting her pregnant teen and understanding her husband's disappointment;
- Amy Young became a teenage mother who learned how to be responsible with the help of her own family and friends;
- Gio's Mom was the typical doting mother and eventually an exuberant grandmother.
Have a lovely Mother's Day - or make it one for your own Mom.